Thursday, September 12, 2013

New Poppy Stamps Dies!

I happened upon the Poppy Stamps Blog Blitz last weekend and fell in love with their new dies.  I've long been a fan of their dies but have been a bit afraid to use them.  As it worked out, my new Sizzix magnetic platform arrived the same day as my new dies.  It appeared to be kismet, so away I went.  I just made a few cuts on scrap paper at first.  They were beautiful!  My little brain was whirling away designing a card.  This is the result.  I've also included a close up so you get a better look at these exquisite dies. 



 
I used the Diamond Background, Brittany Ornament, Eddington Ornament and the Pine Sprigs dies.  The "Joy" is cut from the Anna Griffin Winter Wonderland Cricut cartridge.  The paper is SEI Christmas paper I found in my stash.  The collection was called Holly Lane.  The tiny pearls are from Stampin' Up.  And of course, I used my beloved Sakura Stardust pen. 
 
I cut two sets of the pine sprigs.  I glued two of each together in the center only.  That way I could "fluff" the branches to give it more dimension.   I was going for a more subtle card with a good bit of tone on tone.  I think the ornament should have had a bolder color for its base.  The ornament and sentiment seem to be in competition to be the focal point.  I'll shrink the sentiment down for the next card - although I'm afraid my cut won't be as clean.  Any suggestions for a new color scheme?  The Poppy Stamps web site has a turquoise and green combo that is gorgeous. 
 
I'd love to see your creations with these great dies.


2 comments: