Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Babycakes Diaper Card


I had a new Close To My Heart customer order the Cricut Artiste cartridge in order to make this diaper card.  She said she was new to the whole Cricut experience so I thought I'd customize her thank you card a bit.  The card base is made from Whisper cardstock.  All the other patterned paper is from the Babycakes Collection.  I made the bow from white satin ribbon from Ellen Hutson.  The white paper is Smooth Bazzill that I buy in bulk from HSN.

The diaper card is on page 64 of the Artiste cartridge booklet.  Leave the proportions as linked and cut the base at a height of 5.26 inches and the card inserts at 5.10 inches and 4.85 inches. The diaper pins are cut at .75 inches.  (All of these sizes are the heights.) The little giraffe accent was made using various size punches I had available.  The diaper sides fold in and fit into slits that are part of the cut.  No adhesive is needed to hold it together.  There are also two teenie tiny cuts made as markers for each of the fold lines.  Sometimes they're hard to spot.  The completed card just makes it into a standard 5"x7" envelope.

I thought it came out pretty cute!  What do you think?

1 comment: