Sunday, October 20, 2013

Our Daily Bread Designs October Challenge and Critters at the Dog Park!

I'm trying all kinds of new challenges this month.  Another new one is the Our Daily Bread Designs (ODBD) monthly challenge.  October's challenge was to make the sentiment the main focus of the card.  I saw the sentiment I used on this card during the Operation Write Home World Cardmaking Day blog hop and had to get it.  It's by Stampabilities and is called Patriotic Subway Art.  I hope you like it. 
 
 
Just about everything on this card is from Stampin' Up.  This is somewhat strange as I'm a Close To My Heart demonstrator!  But that's okay.  I used Real Red and Not Quite Navy markers and paper.  The twine is also SU.  I embossed the navy cardstock with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and lightly sanded it.
 
 
I've been on an animal card making whirl this week.  I've had the Lawn Fawn Critters at the Dog Park for quite awhile.  Yesterday was the day to finally use it.  I'll tell you.  This card almost made me give up card making.  It's not that it was particularly difficult.  It's just that everything that could go wrong went wrong.  I had trouble with the brown dog die lining up with the stamped image. The "grass" gave me fits.  The sentiment didn't show up on the green paper.  That's why I added the banner.  I ruined several banners - once because of ink on my finger, another because I had the exclamation point upside down.  And on and on.  I'm so glad I really like the final product.  Yikes!
 



Supplies:
 
Cardstock:  Stampin' Up
Designer Paper :  My Mind's Eye Hootenanny from Michaels
Embossing Folder:  Stampin' Up
Coloring:  Copics
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.  I really appreciate your comments.


2 comments:

  1. Both cards came out great. It was well worth all your efforts.

    Barb K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your patriotic card gem! I want to feature your first card on this post for upcoming Trendy Tuesday post for the blog at Paper Crafters Library. We'll be featuring block sentiment/subway art style cards next week. You can ck out the blog here: http://blog.papercrafterslibrary.com/ The image will credit you & link back to your blog as well. If you do not wish to be featured, just let me know. Great work & I love OWH, too!

    ReplyDelete