Saturday, October 12, 2013

A Crafters Call To Action!

Hello Fellow Crafters,

One of our own has lost everything in a recent house fire in San Antonio, Texas.  I've done my due diligence and have no doubt that is a real emergency.  There is a news picture of the fire and one of the ruins of Annette Griffin's craft room down below.  SVGCuts.com is kindly going to replace the Sizzix Eclips machine shown in the photo as well as some other supplies.  See their post on Facebook here

Please contact Annette's sister at Jericoliz@aol.com to get a mailing address if you're at all able to donate some crafting supplies.  I don't feel comfortable in publishing an address for Annette in this public forum.  But Liz, Annette's sister was very prompt in getting back to me.  Here's what she said:

Annette does have kids and her crafting style runs along the lines of romantic I think.  She's actually an amazingly talented scrapbooker.  (She passed me up years ago, lol!)  She also like to do jewelry making and of course, svg's.  :)  
 
I talked to my brother-in-law to tell him that packages of craft supplies would be arriving for my sister. He choked up so badly he couldn't even talk. When he recovered himself he said that this kind of generosity has literally brought him to his knees. He said that there are no words to express is gratitude. 
 
I'm so moved by the generous spirit of the SVGCuts family, I can't even tell you. Once again, thank you from the bottom of my heart.
 
I've already sent my favorite crafting item - an ATG gun.  Think about what you'd miss the most if your craft room went up in flames.  I know we all have extra supplies.  How about getting them into the hands of someone in need.   I know crafters everywhere are a generous bunch.  Let's show them how much!
 






No comments:

Post a Comment